A Bridge for Kids 3rd Annual Essay Contest
Note: Deadline for entry is midnight on March, 8th 2015
Essay Topic and Judging: Students may enter the 2015 A Bridge for Kids Essay Contest by submitting an original essay of 750 words or fewer describing their thoughts on the following: What have you done in your life that you are the most proud of and how has this accomplishment impacted your life or the life of someone else? A panel of volunteers will judge the essays and the winners will be picked based on the creativity, originality, clarity and overall impact of the essay.
Contest Prizes: This year’s winner will receive a 1-year sponsorship from A Bridge for Kids, valued at $2000. The 2nd place winner will receive a $1,000 sponsorship, 3rd-5th place finishers will earn a $500 sponsorship and 6th-10th will win a $100 Amazon gift card.
2014 Essay Contest Winner- Virginia Reyes, The Preuss School, UCSD
2013 Essay Contest Winner- Laura Castro, The Preuss School, UCSD
Contest Eligibility and Rules:
- Contest is open to all students who currently qualify for the government sponsored free and reduced lunch program.
- To apply, students must have turned 13 on or after January 1, 2015 and are not older than 19 by March 8th, 2015.
- Contestants are encouraged to discuss the essay topic with teachers, parents or other friends but must write the essay by themselves, in his or her own words.
- Essays must be 750 words or less.
- Essays will be judged by a panel based on the creativity, originality, clarity and overall impact of the essay.
- All essays must be accompanied by an A Bridge for Kids application (see below). PLEASE NOTE that all essays must be in digital form (Microsoft Word or Google Docs preferred). No scanned essays will be accepted this year.
- Essays can be sent via email (preferred method) to email@example.com or can be mailed to: A Bridge for Kids 4445 Eastgate Mall- Suite #200 San Diego, CA 92121. Mailed entries must be postmarked no later than March 8th, 2015.
- All winners will be contacted during the week of March 23rd, 2015.
- Winners must sign a photo release form prior to receiving their sponsorship.
- To learn more about what is covered by A Bridge for Kids sponsorship please visit our web site @ abridgeforkids.org and click on the “What We Do” tab.